Sunday, May 18, 2014

Epsom salt to detox

By Ashley Buckwalter-Mack, one of our new Lipese Challenge members on Facebook

I would like to share with you my experience experimenting with Epsom salt for detoxifying purposes. I was looking for ways to detox my system and I came across Epsom salt. After my first soak I could really tell a difference. There was a ton of dead skin in the bottom of the tub, I was extremely relaxed, my aches were gone and I slept better too! So I thought I would give it another try two days later and this is what happened. I weighed myself before getting in to the tub.  When I was getting out of the tub my body felt extremely heavy so I thought I would weigh myself again, thinking the number would be higher. To my amazement,  the number was down by 5lbs. I stepped off of the scale and back on again three more times to make sure it was reading correctly. Sure enough I was 5lbs lighter! I then turned to the web for answers. I found an article in regards to Dr. OZ stating that Epsom salt can help you lose weight!     

For those of you who do not know the benefits of using Epsom salt, here are just a few: Eases stress and relaxes your body, relieves pain and muscle cramps, helps muscles and nerves function properly, helps prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots, makes insulin more effective, relieves constipation, replaces enzymes, and last but not least, it sucks the toxins right out of you. To experience the numerous health benefits of Epsom salt, take relaxing, stress-relieving Epsom salt baths three times weekly by adding 2 cups Epsom Salt to a warm bath and soaking for at least 20 minutes. For the added benefit of moisturizing your skin, add 1/2 cup olive oil or 10 drops of essential oils. Try to rest for about two hours afterwards.  If you have arthritic joints, move them as much as possible after an Epsom salt bath to prevent congestion in the joints.  Make sure to drink a glass of water before you get in to the tub, and again when you get out, this keeps your body hydrated.

One more thing. Be very careful when getting out of tub as the salts can make you dizzy and your body will feel heavy. Epsom salts can be used for many other things, not just baths. Here is an article that I have found that will explain some other uses as well.

Now, on to my discovery of essential oils! I will just say that essential oils can be extremely beneficiary to your health.  They can be added to your bath water, added topically, or even be ingested. Just make sure to read your label carefully for any warnings or directions before using.  Here is a link to some information regarding the main essential oils and the benefits they can provide.

3 comments:

  1. I have lipodema, 65 yrs old. Lately I have been having a horrible time with my legs, especially the left one. I have been limping horribly now for several weeks…comes and goes. It feels like a need a knee replacement. I had time to try this type of bath for the first time. I have to say that after I got out and for several hours I walked without a limp and could not feel the pain in my knee. I am planning on doing this every day it made me feel so good. I am hoping that it can decrease the size of my legs…wouldn't that be a miracle to all that have lipodema.

    ReplyDelete
  2. splendid read! Just like previous post this salt post awesome read too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from all the customary wellsprings of poisons, including those above, there are some more which will really astound you. One in everything about most harming wellsprings of poisons, trust it or not, is dental fillings and other dental administrations we underestimate as absolutely protected. how to choose drug detox and rehab for a loved one

    ReplyDelete