Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My First Whole 30 - Week 2

By Christina Routon

Moving into week two of our January Lifestyle Challenge, I'm feeling the rush of energy described in the Whole 30 timeline. I've been following along with others in the forums there, and we're almost all experiencing the same thing, although I haven't had any food dreams yet.

The second week was easier in that I wasn't as hungry as I'd been the first week, although I'm still missing my gluten-free pancakes. I really wanted a quick and easy dinner on Friday night and that would have been wonderful. Instead I raided the fridge for some vegetables, mixed up another batch of homemade mayo from Nom Nom Paleo's recipe, and made some chicken salad. The prep work has been easier as well since I've started sticking to basic recipes and asked my husband to help with the chopping, browning meat, and the clean up.

My favorite foods so far come from Melissa Joulwan's cookbook Well Fed. They are Jicama home fries and chocolate chili. I'm making the jicama again this week, I can't seem to get enough.

I added two more things last week - get eight hours of sleep and exercise three times a week. So far, I haven't been consistent with either, although going to bed by 10:30 is difficult, especially when my husband gets home from work after nine. It's difficult to stop a conversation and go to bed, but I know it's important for my health.

I've been reading some interesting information about Omega 3 & Omega 6 fats and I'll be sharing that later in the month. I haven't found anything yet that pertains specifically to lipedema, but we do know Omega 6 fats are inflammatory, and I'll be sharing what I discover regarding a balance of these fats.

No comments:

Post a Comment